Post-delivery house visit of a midwife
If your delivery goes swiftly and uninterrupted, you do not have to spend a lot of time at the hospital after the delivery and sometimes are free to go home even on the same day. Those birth-givers who leave the hospital in less than 24 hours after delivery can get a house visit from a midwife. The need for this visit is determined by the midwife in charge of the patient prior to leaving the hospital.
The house visit includes:
- observation of the post-delivery period, making a check-up, assessing the recovery process and consulting the mother,
- conducting a check-up on the newborn, including their status, adaption and the assessment and observation of their development,
- care for the new-born and teaching the mother,
- monitoring, assessing and consultation of the breastfeeding process,
- In the case of deviations and complications, calling for assistance, arranging transport to a hospital and if need be, acting in accordance with the situation either individually or in cooperation with other medical professionals.
This service is supported by the health insurance fund