We suggest bringing the following items:
- pregnancy card (along with the blood card (yellow), which has your blood type and rhesus group on it),
- personal identification with a picture,
- indoor shoes,
- a few packages of sanitary pads for the post-delivery period,
- underwear – pack for a longer stay than a few days, just in case,
- supporting cotton bras,
- comfortable clothes of your choice,
- personal hygiene supplies,
- a large towel,
- something to eat and drink of your choosing (fruit, cereal bar, yoghurt, water, tea),
- a camera or computer (free Wi-Fi at the women’s clinic),
- music (e.g. a computer or CD player),
- a notebook and pen for writing down emotions and impressions,
- prescribed medicine.
The support person should bring the following items:
exchange clothes and footwear,
something to eat and drink at your choice (fruit, cereal bar, yoghurt, water, tea),
books or magazines,
personal hygiene supplies.
Items for the baby:
The hospital will provide everything the baby needs (clothes, diapers etc.) during the stay at the hospital. You can use your own clothes if you wish. Bring a car seat if necessary to take the baby home.
Bring clothes for taking the baby home in depending on the season:
Summer baby – onesie, footed pants, jacket, hat, socks, gloves.
Winter baby – onesie, footed pants, jacket, hat, socks, gloves, a warmer hat and a thicker overcoat.
Your baby package
Parents receive a baby care package on the condition that both parents are residents of Tallinn according to the Population Register before the child is born and at least one parent has been a resident of Tallinn according to the Population Register for at least one year before the child is born.
To receive your package, please turn to room 119 (ground floor) at the women’s clinic and telephone in advance at 620 7132 for up to one month after delivery. Bring the child’s birth certificate or both parents’ personal identification.