Ultrasound analyses for pregnant women
Ultrasound analyses are common during pregnancy. If you want, you can order a paid ultrasound with images or videos of your growing baby.
Diagnostic ultrasound is performed for the following reasons:
- determining the size and position of the foetus,
- determining the amount of amniotic fluid,
- determining the condition of the foetus,
- determining the location and condition of placenta,
- diagnosis of deformities,
- inspection of the female genitalia (pregnancy, developmental disorders)
You need a referral and to register in advance for an ultrasound. Pregnant women registered at other medical establishments can register for an ultrasound by calling 666 1900, a referral is required. When coming in for a paid test, a referral is not necessary.